Club Hosting Volunteer Duties
Notes for Hosting a Regatta
Hosting a Regatta
Volunteers to Fill Regatta Admin Roles
The volunteer roles that need covering while the regatta is in progress are as follows.
- 1 on start platforms to assist starters:
- the times for each volunteer shift will vary depending on the draw,
- the start volunteer position alternates between start platforms
- There is a time overlap between platform shifts from / to 1000m and 1800mm starts.
- The ideal time to relieve a volunteer and start a new volunteer. Is at start platform changes
- Volunteers to report to report to Weston Park Rowing ACT tent to arrange for uplift to start platforms from the boat pontoons.
- Safety marshal at the 1500 to manage the cross over and prevent collisions.
- 1 in Finish Line Cross Over Marshall tinnie (must have boat license)
- will need to pick up loud hailer & radio from finish line officials
- uses one of the three tinnies provided by host club
- 3 at Finish Line for judging and recorder duties
- 1 at Weston Park to issue/ distribute medals, starting about 9
- 1 at Weston Park to supervise boat launch pontoons Tinnies
- General during regatta support to BROs and rowers such as collect lunches, assist with delivery of drinks
Host Club Tinnies
- 3 tinnies that need to be at the finish line by 6.50am. One of these is for the Finish Line Marshall as above.
Pre and Post Regatta Support Activities
- 2-3 people to help set up at the beginning of the day with erecting tent, putting out parking signs, cleaning the pontoon
- 2-3 people who are able to give 30mins of help at the end of the last race to pack down Weston Park makes a big difference – stuff like taking down the tent, collecting PA equipment from the BROs when it is dropped at the pontoons, packing up the commentary gear